Tuesday 23 July 2013

Guess What?

After feeling as if I had not slept a wink, I woke up at 7:30 am so that I would be awake in order to drive myself to my 10:30 appointment with the sleep clinic. My dreams were thick and detailed. I rose excited that today was the day I would finally get help with my severe sleep apnea.

I made it down to the kitchen and made that important cup of coffee. Returned to the living room to watch a movie and chat online to help wake me up and give me something to do until I had to leave for my appointment. It is a 30 minute drive away because it is across town and on the mountain, but it is situated near where I lived for a few years so I know the area.

Suddenly and unexpectedly, the phone rang at 8:30 am. Starling me, I had an instant feeling of dread. I answered the phone and it was the company where I was going for my appointment that morning. It seems that the sleep doctor did not give the company the proper prescription and so they had to cancel my appointment.

To make matters worse, my sleep physician has gone on holidays for 3 weeks and, therefore, I would not be able to get an appointment to get the cure for another 3 weeks.

Then, I had a brilliant idea. For my original appointment at the hospital, I was sent a letter with all the doctors' names on it who work in the sleep disorders clinic. So, starting at name one, I called every extension. The first doctor is also on holiday. The second doctor doesn't work Tuesdays. A third was not at her desk. Finally, at the fifth name, I obtained a real person and spoke with this doctor's secretary.

I explained my horrible situation and asked if her boss could look at my chart and send the company the correct prescription. I have no idea what prescription they are talking about, but I need it before I can get the hopeful cure for my severe sleep apnea. The lovely secretary said she would get back to me today. I hope she can help. That would be wonderful.

So, it's a day of waiting. Hopefully, I can get this straightened out soon. Wish me luck!!

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com

No comments:

Post a Comment