Tuesday 1 October 2013

Finally Finished

I apologize for not writing in a while. Unfortunately, I have been suffering from a bout of depression. It was difficult getting over the last few weeks. Much effort was required to get through the day. Luckily, the mood has passed and I'm feeling happy again.

Finally, I have finished re-reading Locker Rooms and it is now ready to be published. I will be sending my manuscript via email tomorrow to the publisher. As I have been told, we will now work on the cover and get the style organized.

For some reason, the electric company informed us in this neighbourhood that they would be shutting down the electricity from 9:00 am for 6.5 hours today October 1st. It was odd waking up to silence. It was so quiet this morning though I did hear some mutterings from neighbours outside enjoying the lack of our most necessary resource. Nothing worked, of course. It's amazing to realize how much electricity is required in our lives. Everything is run by electricity.

Fortunately, I have a portable DVD player which runs for 6 hours on battery so I was able to watch a movie when I rose from bed. Not being able to make a cup of coffee was a little strange and a little difficult not having that morning rush of caffeine. In addition, my laptop has a battery for 3 hours so I was able to work on my novel, but it was weird not utilizing the Internet.

Just a note to those interested, I'm sleeping great. It is wonderful that I have been cured from my sleep problems with a simple manoeuver of blowing air into my nose as I sleep. I am so glad that I don't have to take more medications. Actually, I have reduced my drug intake by three pills which I used to take because of sleep disturbances. It's great just taking the only necessary pills now.

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com


No comments:

Post a Comment