Friday 11 April 2014

New York City

So much for writing a blog every day during my trip to New York City. Sorry guys but I was just too exhausted. You have to understand that I've been basically hibernating through winter. Not often did the dog get a walk because I didn't want to trudge through that deep snow. And it was so cold outside which is my second excuse for not walking.

Well, I'm so stiff now and my feet hurt. I did a lot of walking this past week. New York is great to walk around. There is so much to see. Everything is there. So much to do but so little time to do it all.  Now that I have returned home, I'm tired but energized. I was hoping this trip would refresh me and it definitely has.

You don't really appreciate what you have until you have been away from it for a while. Even just a few days to experience another city which is completely the opposite way of life. That was it for me while in New York City. I stayed with a cousin who lived on Central Park. Yes, right across from that famous park. And what a park! I spent a day walking around half of it which I will tell you about another time.

I live on a very quiet street in a very quiet neighbourhood. If I ever hear anything, it's a dog barking (lots of dogs in the neighbourhood) or the children playing in the park across from my front door. Neither noises are a bother. However, my cousin in NYC lives on a main street and there is lots of noise from the street as well as from the other condos. That was an experience in itself. I appreciate the silence now that I'm home.

New York City is an absolutely amazing city with so many fascinating places to visit. I couldn't go to them all but I will write my adventures while in NYC. I have taken some pictures which I plan to share. Hope you enjoy the stories.

My backdoor is wide open. My windows have all been opened. Fresh air. My cousin's windows were all kept closed and when I looked out the front windows, they were black even though the view was magnificent. Other windows were kept covered. I missed the fresh air. Not much of that in New York.

So I will relate my trip over the next few days. I will attempt to write every day for the next little while. I would love to recount my holiday. Hope you will enjoy it too.

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com
@PattyLesser

Just a taste. A shot of a path alongside the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir in Central Park.



No comments:

Post a Comment