Friday 25 April 2014

New York City cont'd 4 - Empire State Building

My last day in New York City was Thursday, April 10th, and I spent the day going up the Empire State Building and then I walked to Time's Square.

I ordered a taxi to the Empire State Building because it was a little difficult to get there. Once inside,  I waited in line to get through security, waited to get my ticket, waited to get into the first elevator and then waited to get into the second elevator which lead out to the observation desk. I was glad to get outside which released all the tension in the cool fresh air.

The observation deck looked nothing like it is shown in the movie Sleepless in Seattle. I was so disappointed. But, I was able to walk around quite easily. I would have hated being there during the busy tourist season. The place was busy but not suffocating.

Leaving the Empire State building, I walked up Broadway to reach Time's Square. I was told to go there at night because the lights are amazing, but I did so during the day. It was still impressive and chairs were laid around. I sat down on one and watched the people for a while.

Hope I'll see you tomorrow at my signing at Chapters Square One Mississauga from 1 to 4 p.m.

Below are a few pictures from the Empire State observation deck.

have fun,
www.pattylesser.com
@PattyLesser



 








No comments:

Post a Comment