Saturday 15 June 2013

I'm in the newspaper

The local Dundas Star News did an article about my book Shall We Chat? Revealing the Secrets of Chatting Online. It came out in their paper yesterday (Friday). I'm getting calls from neighbours letting me know that they have seen it. This is quite exciting. I'm so hoping this free advertisement will induce sales of my book and interest people in my website.

If you'd like to read the Dundas Star article, go to this link: http://www.hamiltonnews.com/community/ancaster/shall-we-chat-examines-online-secrets/

Next, I'm going to approach the Hamilton Spectator and see if they will put me in their paper. That would be a dream come true. While at McMaster Univeristy, I was the Assistant Sport's Editor for the Silhouette, McMaster's university paper. I wrote a variety of articles about sports but, in addition, managed to write some news stories. I had considered trying to get a job at the Spectator after I had completed university. But, as you know, I went to Israel instead for five years.

For my nephew, Aiden's 13th birthday, I gave him the manuscript of my fourth book: That Truthful Place. I dedicated the book to him. Unfortunately, it is not finished yet. There is a bit more left to write but I know I will be able to finish it in time. Aiden seemed pleased with his present. He is the first one to read that book and, since its about 13 year old kids with telepathy, he is my audience. I can't wait to hear from him when he has finished reading the book.

Right now, I'm working on my fifth book: The Nuts which is about five poker buddies and long time friends who come together to advert a conspiracy which threatens the U.S.A. I have written about 143 pages so far. I know where I'm going for a while but then there are a few hiccups in the road to the conclusion which I know what to write. I've been having trouble with this book for a few years. I get to a point and then don't know where to go. I will work on it as long as I can. Then I will go back to That Truthful Place and finish it off.

I'm considering publishing my second book entitled Waiting for Love Online. I really like this book but it should be edited but I'm scared the editor will have problems with it. In addition, the editor is asking for $1,000 all inclusive to edit my book. Its a fair price but I don't have $1,000. I am self-publishing so I hope people will forgive small mistakes. At least, I'll be getting my work published.

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com


No comments:

Post a Comment