Saturday 4 May 2013

Weekends

It may sound funny, but I don't like weekends. No business can be conducted and everything that is available to be accomplished during the work week cannot be done on the weekend. I was told by Amazon, that Shall We Chat? will be available for purchasing in 5-7 business days. So the weekend doesn't count and you end up having two empty days in which to wait for business.

Of course, I can always write on the weekends and, sometimes, I am able to complete more work because no other business can take place. I must admit that I work 7 days a week. There is not one day that I take off but honestly I'm not a hard task master. If nothing else is taking place, then I'm able to write. However, if I am playing in an online poker tournament, I don't write as much though often I write between dealt hands.

The best part of the weekend is that I am able to meet with Marion and her dog, Gracie, and go for a walk. Marion is great to walk with because she likes to tell stories and I love listening to her. I always learn something from her and it is wonderful having company on my walks. I try and walk Kira once a day, but it gets boring going alone all the time. I do have an Ipod which greatly assists in dispelling the boredom, but there is nothing better than another human joining me.

I'm watching the Leaf/Bruin hockey game. A man, who lost both his legs in the Boston bombing, was on the ice waving the flag. Wow, that is just so horrific. To go from a carefree and independent lifestyle to a wheelchair is just not something I cannot get my head around. I may complain when I'm depressed or hypomanic, but I have no right to complain compared to that man. At least, I can get up and go wherever I want. I have so much respect for people unable to do same.

 As I just said, I have a great respect for people with disabilities maybe because I am disabled too. But physical disabilities are different from emotional and mental ones. Where the physical impairments may stop you from walking, you may have the mental discipline to succeed. Someone with a menal or emotional disability may not be able to get out of bed even if all their limbs work.

Boy it's lonely watching these playoff hockey games alone. Anyone out there want to join me?

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com


No comments:

Post a Comment