Saturday 22 February 2014

How do you sleep?

As far as my sleeping is concerned, my life has changed dramatically. Ever since I was young, sleeping was a very difficult feat. I would dread nighttime and having to go to sleep because I knew what lay ahead of me which was being constantly restless in bed, thinking and moving around, while waiting to fall into unconsciousness. For me, it was hell.

Every morning was impossible too. I would wake up and sleep until 11:30 a.m. or later. It was dreadful pushing myself to finally roll out of bed. I felt rubbery, fogged and confused. I was completely frustrated by this horrible morning feeling every morning. I woke up feeling exhausted.

Then, last September, I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. What a shock! I knew something must be wrong but I didn't know what. The documents recorded that I woke up at least 28 times an hour. No wonder I woke up exhausted. I didn't sleep all night.

As ordered by the doctor, I was placed on a CPAC machine which blows air into a small mask over my nose while I sleep. Such a simple procedure which cures my problem perfectly with no side effects like the many sleeping medications I was prescribed during my whole life. It is absolutely amazing how well it works. For the first time in my life, I wake up ready and excited to start a new day.

What is now absolutely incredible is that I'm tired each night. I reach a point when I have to go to bed and sleep. Lately, it has been between 10:30 and 11:00 p.m. I actually go to bed and fall asleep within a few minutes. No longer am I lying in bed waiting to fall asleep. I quickly fall asleep which to me is a miracle.

The second miracle occurring is that I sleep for ten hours and then I wake up around 8:00 a.m. It is so amazing that I can wake like this at an early hour and am able to get out of bed immediately. Last night, I went to bed at 9:30 p.m. because I was unable to keep my eyes open and my mind was dead. It was a little restless sleep but got out of bed at 7:15 a.m. I have never risen at such an early hour before in my life! And I woke up feeling rested, inspired and happy.

Such a change in my life and what a wonderful change. I am alive again.

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com
@PattyLesser

No comments:

Post a Comment