Thursday 25 April 2013

Relief

With a great sense of contented relief, I watch the Big Bang Theory on television and play in an online poker tournament. In the latter years, I have been feeling a huge sense of tripidation about publishing my books. Many nervous and worriesome days have been spent getting to this point. Now, my book is being sold on Kindle http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CHVBY4Q and soon to be published and available on Amazon in book form. I just have to get the margins correct for printing.

It was an eventful day for me. I had an appointment with my psychiatrist. Haven't seen him in a while because things are basically fine. I'm bipolar and have been since the age of 6. (Check out my website about the illness.) Saw psychologists and psychiatrists all through my childhood; none of whom realized what was wrong with me. It was the psychologist I saw today, whom I met when I was 27 years old and living in Toronto, who finally diagnosed me and thus began the endless trials of medications.

Finally, I was getting the proper help and my life became easier though it took many years to find the right combination of medications to assist me in stabilizing my debilitating illness which is chemical and not situational. I can't control how I will feel each day. I just have to wake up and see how I feel. Then I can decide how to organize my day.

So, it was great seeing my psychiatrist again. He is basically just a med doctor. He's not really a therapist though I do share some things with him. Mostly, he is in my life to organze my medications. For the past several months, I have been suffering from severe insomnia. I would be up all night and the next day until the evening. It wasn't difficult staying up during the night which I did with excitement and totally hyper. However, come the afternoon of the next day, I am incapable of doing anything which ruins and wastes the day.

My doctor found a new sleeping pill for me which will hopefully put me to sleep on those nights I am unable to sleep. It is not a drug to be taken every day; just on the bad ones, which usually occur once or twice a week. Let's see if this one works.

Back to the book tomorrow. Hopefully, I will easily be able to sort out the margins with the help from someone from the company. Looking forward to this next step.

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com


No comments:

Post a Comment