Saturday 23 May 2015

Playoff Hockey

Playoff hockey is the best. Hockey is my favourite sport and I love watching it. I'm a big Toronto Maple Leaf fan and yes I admit it. Even though they were third worst in the league, I still say, "There's always next year" as does every other Leaf fan.

Leaf nation received some great news this week with the announcement that Mike Babcock will be the new coach. Mike was the coach of the Detroit Red Wings and won a Stanley Cup with them in 2008. He's a famous coach in Canada since he won two Olympic gold and a world championship for us. I'm thrilled he's taking over and look forward to a Stanley Cup in a few years.

Back to playoff hockey. I haven't missed many games this season. It's such a difficult sport. I have much admiration for the players except when they fight. Don't like the fighting. Went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out.

In playoff hockey, the guys play that much harder. They skate faster, hit with more abandon, and find it more difficult to score. I was cheering for Montreal and Calgary until they lost out. If the Leafs aren't playing for the Cup, then I cheer for any Canadian team. Now, I'm cheering for Chicago and New York Rangers but they are down in both their series with Anaheim Ducks and Tampa Bay respectively.

I would love a Chicago/Ranger cup final but it will probably be Ducks and Tampa Bay. My bet is Tampa for the win but it will be a long series, probably go seven games. But that's great. Lots of great hockey to watch.

I just had my backyard sodded. It was a mess and terrible to look at. After discussing it with a friend who owns a contracting business, he offered to do it for me. One of his workers came over and dug up the mess that was my backyard so it was dirt for a few days. I was surprised that Emma liked that.


The landscaping has been completed and I love how it looks. Wow this is so much better. Waiting to see if the pets prefer it. I sure hope so. Keeping it watered well. That's easy to do. I'm so happy how easily this problem was solved.



have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com
@PattyLesser

No comments:

Post a Comment