Tuesday 27 May 2014

Signings Cont'd

Having been approached about my Signing blog requires me to add a few more thoughts. Chapters-Indigo bookstores take 45% of each book you sell. That means, of course, you get 55% of the book's price. Some stores take less but each store does take a percentage. It is not the best deal but you have to start somewhere and it gets you out into the world.

Once you have held a signing, the store will advise you how many copies were sold. You then prepare an invoice which they will send to the head office who ultimately sends you a cheque. This may take a couple of weeks or months.

I love to hear it when someone says that they are buying my book in order to support a local author. That is so generous to hear and I appreciate it so much. Some people even shook my hand congratulating me on my success at publishing a book. Some people are often in shock to learn that I am the author and the smile that appears on their faces is priceless. Makes me feel so proud.

Two Chapters stores: Meadowlands, Ancaster, and Erin Mills Power Centre, have invited me back to sign more copies of my books. Already my September is fully booked.

I have a signing scheduled for Saturday, May 31st, 2014, from 1 to 4 pm at the Chapters store in Burlington on Fairview. I hope if you live close by, you will drop in.

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com
@PattyLesser

No comments:

Post a Comment