Thursday 5 March 2015

SPRING!!

Spring is just 15 days away. Just 15. I can't wait. I love this season since it means winter is over. Not a big fan of winter but, yes, we survived another winter. Okay. there is still a lot of snow on the ground and the temperature is quite cool, but it will be gone soon. It's guaranteed.

One thing you can't fight is the weather. Everyone here, when planning something, plans for all possible weather conditions. Some sites will tell you the weather on any given day but who knows if that's correct.

I'm not truly allowed to comment on the winter though it wasn't that bad. But, I hibernated and worked at home so I didn't have to get up in the dark, clean off the car every morning then drive into work. After work, you have to clean the car off, manoeuver around snow mounds and return home where you have to shovel the driveway to get the car in. I have lived that life.

Luckily, now I have an empty garage to keep my car warm and safe from the weather. I live in a townhouse complex and we have landscapers who plough our road and driveways. Great service. They cut our grass in the summer so I can go away and it doesn't look like it. Oh and I have a neighbour who is a retired nurse who loves to garden. I pay her a bottle of wine every spring and she keeps my front garden glowing with flowers.

I love the spring. I love seeing colours and not just white and black. I love seeing areas fill up with leaves and not just branches. Once the flowers come out, it is truly beautiful out there. Everything feels and smells new and fresh. It's great being able to open the windows and allowing the fresh air blow throughout the house.

Brrrr. It's still cold out. Just let the dog into the backyard. Glad I don't have to go outside to pee!

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com
@PattyLesser


No comments:

Post a Comment