Saturday 15 November 2014

I'm So Sorry

I'm so sorry. I published Locker Rooms way too quickly. I should have spent more time with the novel. I received it back from the American company and have been reading it over. I'm finding numerous mistakes. Once completed, I will send it to my wonderful editor. Unfortunately, he is very busy so will take some time to get it back.

When I finish with the editor's corrections, I will re-self-publish through Createspace. I will post the links to Amazon when its available. It will be a much better book, I promise.

At the moment, I have my poker tale finished and edited but it requires a lot of work. The premise is good but my writing needs some work. Since receiving that novel back from the editor, my writing has greatly improved. Blake is an excellent editor and I accept his corrections completely. So, one day, I will return to the poker book and finish it.

As you know, That Truthful Place, about ten children who develop telepathy and the course their lives take, has been published. I am waiting to receive my proof copy before I hand out the links. But that is coming out soon so I hope you'll look out for it.

I started and have almost finished my pirate book, The Discerning Heart, about a poor fisherman who steals a mermaid's fortune from a deserted island only to return to his village and take revenge on everyone who had wronged him. However, he ruins his life and returns to the mermaid having learnt that money doesn't buy happiness.

In addition, Devouring Time (previously known as the Package) is almost finished. Its about
an historic Canadian family, embroiled in the art world, who await the delivery of a mysterious package from their ancestor in England. This is my mystery novel. I know what I want to write. It's just a matter of writing it.

Finally, I have started about three other novels and I have ideas for two more. So, as you can see, I'm quite busy. I think I have enough work to last me the rest of my life. I don't understand how easy plots for novels come to me at this time of my life. Why didn't I think of them earlier? I have no answer for that, but I'm sure enjoying it now.

Check with me in a couple of weeks when I will be announcing the sale of That Truthful Place.

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com
@PattyLesser


 

No comments:

Post a Comment