Monday 1 February 2016

What a Week!



Check out my interview with Youngman Brown on Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 at http://yourcreativepush.com/pattylesser

Opposite to most people, I don't like weekends. Nothing on TV and no one works. But I love Mondays. However, I didn't enjoy last Monday as much. I apologize for not posting a blog last week and below is the reason.

First thing Monday morning, I received an email from my editor Andi advising that Amazon had changed their format requirements. My novels had been published in bold font and I had to change that. So all week, I reviewed my novels and deleted the bold. Then I had to re-publish them all. This is not a difficult feat, just very time consuming.

Check out this site if you wish to learn more about this: http://goodereader.com/blog/e-book-news/kindle-e-books-will-have-a-warning-message-if-they-have-spelling-mistakes-or-bad-formatting

Another project I'm working on is creating a whole new website. I have been told by some experts in the industry that my site is a liability. My new site should be live in a week or so. I will let you know when to check it out. Though it's in the beginning stages, it looks much better. I've very satisfied with the result. Can't wait to show it to you.

Then I get a call from Animal Control that Kira's dog license has expired. Every year I get a form from them in July to renew Kira's license. I always pay it well in advance of the deadline. However last year, I didn't realize that I had forgotten about it because I didn't receive the form. Luckily because my record is excellent, they didn't charge me late fees. I quickly paid the fee and made a note in July to pay.

On Wednesday, my mother and I attended a meeting about how we can help the Syrian refugees who have arrived in our city of Hamilton, Ontario. They are in great need of ESL teachers. I have taught English as a second language to adults in my past and, for the last year, I have been teaching English to students in Brazil over Skype so have lots of experience. The organizers were pleased to meet me and promise to put me to work.

I know what it's like to travel to a new country, not knowing the language or understanding the culture. I hope I have the opportunity of acclimatizing the Syrian refugees. Their children should pick up the language, but adults will have a more difficult time. Helping them out could be as easy as taking them shopping to show them where and what everything is.

One other fun occupation was taking the car into the garage to have the rear lights repaired. Like everyone, I dread taking the car in because I'm always afraid they'll find something wrong which will cost hundreds of dollars to repair. Luckily, I only had to pay $29 for the lights. Whew!

Over the next two weeks, I will be taking part in the Amplify Summit during which time I will listen to broadcasts presented by many various experts in the writing field. I'm looking forward to learning something new.

So time is flying. I can't believe January is over and it's been a good month. Looking forward to February to see what will happen next.

have fun,
Patty
www.pattylesser.com
@PattyLesser

No comments:

Post a Comment