Friday 10 October 2014

The Wonderful World of Sleep

For most of my life, I have been tired. Not the yawning once in a while tired, I mean exhausted. And no, I couldn't sleep during the day. It was hard enough trying to fall asleep at night. I never knew why. I constantly relayed this problem to my doctors, but all they did was just give me more and more sleeping pills which didn't work.

Finally, I begged my family doctor to send me to a sleep disorders clinic. A month later, I was involved in a sleep lab where I spent the night in the hospital with numerous electrodes all over my body. I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and prescribed a CPAC machine.

It has been a year since I was diagnosed and I'm sleeping better than ever. No longer am I tired when I wake up. I wake up alert, energized and excited for the day ahead. And I'm not tired all day. It is such a wonderful feeling. Really, it's a miracle.

Sleep apnea is cured by wearing a small mask over my nose all night. It consistently blows air into my nose. That's it and I'm cured. No side effects. The machine works silently. I would never go to bed again without wearing it. I have never felt better in my life.

In the past, I would fall asleep somewhere between 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. and would wake up around 11:30 to 12:30 p.m. Waste of a day. Now, I automatically fall asleep around 11 p.m. and wake up naturally at around 8:00 a.m. I feel so much better with this cycle.More normal eh? I'm so much more productive with that schedule. So wonderful.

As far as book signings go, I finished my last one on October 4th. I am now scheduling them for the spring. I hope to return to six of the stores. I won't do any signings during the winter because the weather is just so unpredictable. This winter has been forecasted to be as bad as last year. I don't want to take chances with the driving.

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com
@PattyLesser


No comments:

Post a Comment