Tuesday 16 September 2014

A Day at the Garage

Do you know what it means to trust someone? It's a wonderful feeling because you can let yourself relax and not stress out. Since stress activates my Bipolar symptoms, I try and reduce stress from my life. I do this in many ways; such as, planning out everything, making lists, keeping myself organized and prepared for any possibility.

Normal things can cause stress like taking your car into the garage for an oil change and tune-up. One major problem with women is that some garage mechanics perform unnecessary acts on the car for which they overcharge. Or they do a poor job because they think they can get away with it because you are a woman.

I consider myself very lucky. I have been using the same garage for the last ten years. They are a local set-up. And I can trust them. Most of them have been working at the same garage all their lives so I know them well. Especially, the man at the counter. Rob is one of the kindest men I've ever met. He always has a ready smile for me and is patient with my many questions.

I never have to worry about Rob's garage. Whatever work is done on the car, I can trust that is what was needed. The car is always repaired well. Their fees are honest. I have never had a problem paying my bill with them.

So, it was a bit of a stress taking the car in. There is always the worry that something major will be found wrong. I'm just a poor author who would become a recluse without a car so I always worry the car will die. Its an old Ford Focus. Don't know the year. But its reliable and fun to drive. I don't want to lose it.

My first car was a manual and I drove it for many years. I loved driving manual and was terrified to be in an automatic. I had driven two automatics earlier in life and ended up in a car accident both time. Driving an automatic scared me.

When my poor car died, I had no choice but to learn to drive an automatic. After a few scary times, I picked it up quickly and soon learned to love it. And now, after two years driving it, I couldn't imagine ever driving a manual again.

On Saturday, September 20th, 2014, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. I will be attending a signing at the Chapters store, Meadowlands, Ancaster, Ontario. Hope to see you there!

have fun,
patty
www.pattylesser.com
@PattyLesser


No comments:

Post a Comment